- Name: Florence Nakazi
- Designation: Research Analyst
Ms. Florence Nakazi is a Research Analyst in the Sectoral Department since July 2017. Her research areas include agricultural policy, climate change, gender, value chains, food security and Nutrition among others.
Ms. Nakazi is part of the technical team that spearhead the development of the National Tea Development Policy. She was also part of the team that involved in development of the Agricultural Sector Strategic Plan (2020/21-2024/25) for the tea commodity.
Prior to joining EPRC, Ms Nakazi worked with National Crops Resources Research Institute (NaCRRI), Mukono Zonal Agricultural Research and Development Institute (MUZARDI), International Potato Center (CIP) and International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
Ms Nakazi holds a Master of Science in Agricultural and Applied Economics and a Bachelor’s degree in Education from Makerere University.
She is a member of the Uganda Agricultural Economists Association (UAEA), African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE) and Uganda Economics Association (UEA).
Selected Peer-reviewed Journal Publications
- Nakazi, F and Nathan, S. (2020). The Effect of Commercial Banks’ Agricultural Credit on Agricultural growth in Uganda. African Journal of Economic Review, Vol 8 (1), pp 162-175
- Nakazi, F, Babirye, I., Eliud Birachi E. and Ugen A. (2019). Exploring retailer marketing strategies for value added bean products in Kenya. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review: 22 (5)- Pages: 675 – 687
- Nakazi F, Njuki J., Ugen, M.A., Aseete. A., Katungi. E, Birachi.E., Muggaga. I.J., Nanyonjo.G., and R. Kabanyoro (2017). Is bean really a women’s crop? Men and Women’s participation in bean production in Uganda. Agriculture and food security, 6(22)
- Nakazi F, P. Aseete, E. Katungi and M.A. Ugen (2017). The potential and limits of farmers’ groups as catalysts of women leaders, Cogent Economics and Finance, 5:1
- Okello. J. J., Sindi. K., Low. J., McEwan. M., Shikuku. K., Nakazi F, Namanda. S., Babu. A., and J. Mafuru (2015). Effect of Technology awareness and access to the conservation of clean planting materials of vegetatively produced crops: The case of sweetpotato. Journal of agroecology and sustainable food systems, 39(9), 955-977
Selected Working Papers
- Mbowa, S., F. Nakazi, M. Barungi, F. Mwesigye and B. Sserunjogi (2018). Uganda’s agriculture sector at crossroads: Is it a myth or a reality? Economic Policy Research Centre, Research Report, No. 17
- Mbowa, S., Munyanbonera, E., and Nakazi, F. (March 2019). ‘Why is Kenya and Rwanda Coffee pricey globally than Uganda’s?’ EPRC Policy Note, Issues # 2.
- Nakazi, F. and Munyambonera, E. (2020). Why Uganda continues to earn less from its Tea exports. EPRC policy brief, No. 113
- Mbowa, S., F. Nakazi and J. Nkandu (2017). Looming Long-term Economic Effect of Climate Change on Uganda’s Coffee Industry. EPRC policy brief #96
Publications by Florence Nakazi