- Name: Prof. Stephen K. Nkundabanyanga
- Designation: Member
Prof. Nkundabanyanga is a Professor of Accounting, Finance and Governance at Makerere University Business School. He is Head of Department of Accounting at Makerere University Business School since 2008. He is a seasoned Board Member committed to value addition to boardroom discussions. He boasts of Exceptional track record of research success with multiple published articles and books.
He holds a PhD in Board governance, Master of Business Administration (Accounting and finance) and Bachelor of Commerce, all from Makerere University. He is ACCA (UK)
He is a member of:
- The African Accounting and Finance Association (AAFA) and currently its General Secretary
- Institute of corporate governance of Uganda.
- Literati net work
- Social responsibility research net work
Prof. Nkundabanyanga has previously been a chair of Audit and HR committee of board at Top Finance Bank Ltd for five years.
Prof. Nkundabanyanga’s articles are published in prestigious journals including Accounting in Emerging Economies, Social Economics, Economic Studies, Financial regulation and compliance, Financial Reporting and Accounting, Economic and Administrative Sciences, Public sector management, Social Responsibility, Managerial Auditing, Public Budgeting, Accounting and Financial Management, among others.
- Currently the Editor of African Accounting and Finance Journal (AAFJ)
- Guest Editor – Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounting and Finance Management
- An Editorial Board Member on more than 20 Emerald, Springer, Elsevier and Inderscience Journals.
He was also the editor of Makerere Business Journal for 3 years.