Uganda Development Information Center
The World Bank is a leader in social and economic development research, data collection, and knowledge dissemination and provides access to a wealth of information through its print and online resources.
As part of the World Bank’s policy to be open about its activities and to explain its work to the widest possible audience, the Development Information Centres (DICs) were established worldwide in 1993 to disseminate information on the Bank and its operations.
The Uganda Development Information Center is an open-access reference library that serves as a one-stop shop for people looking for World Bank documents and information on the Bank’s operations.
Project and Operational Documents
The core collection of the UDIC includes operational documents on Uganda such as Economic and Sector Works, Project Identification Documents, Project Appraisal Documents, Country Assistance Strategy, Environmental Assessments, Loan and Credit Agreements etcetera.
- These reports are available to downloaded free of charge from: www-wds.worldbank.org
Data and Statistics Publications
Leading international development publications including World Development Indicators, Africa Development Indicators, World Development Report, Global Economic Prospects are available at the UDIC.
- Data Query database, which offers a five-year, 54-indicators segment of the World Development Indicators, is freely accessible here: www.worldbank.org/data/dataquery
Current World Bank published documents on a range of development topics.
Several resources are available in CD-ROM and DVD formats.
Ugandan Government Publications
Statistical Abstracts, Budget Estimates, Economic Surveys, Expenditure Reviews, Population Census Reports, some Bills and Acts, Development Plans, Central Bank reports, and other miscellaneous government publications.
Development Agencies Reports
General development related reports from other development agencies and partners.
An Online Treasure Store
At the UDIC, you have free online access to a collection of development databases and resources including:
- Access to World Bank project documents and publications full-text
- Access to more than 2,200 leading international periodicals and journals full-text
- Access to databases on development and research
Our Services at a Glance
- Free copies of operational documents
- Free Internet services
- Guidance on access to specific information on the World Bank’s operations
- Reference services through telephone, mail, fax or e-mail
- Photocopy and printing services at a small fee
- Ample reading room and a scenic outdoor garden space if you need a break
- Nearby canteen for refreshments at affordable prices
Monday to Friday: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Closed on weekends and public holidays
* Opening hours are subject to change without notice
Who can Access the UDIC?
Access to the UDIC is free. It is open to all members of the public.
Online Access to the UDIC catalogue
Visit the Online Catalogue to access bibliographic details of the information resources that are available in the Uganda Public Information Center.
Depository Libraries in Uganda
World Bank documents are also available locally in the following libraries:
- Parliament of Uganda Library
- Uganda Management Institute
- PIC, World Bank Office, Plot 1, Lumumba Avenue, Floor 1, Rwenzori House
Plot 51, Pool Road, Makerere University Campus
PO Box 7841, Kampala, Uganda
Contact the UDIC
Telephone: +256 414 – 540141/541023/541024
Fax: +256 414 – 541022