Demographic change and migration impact on secondary cities districts (to Jan 2021) – World Bank
This study intends to understand the drivers of demographic change in Uganda – particularly rural-urban migration.
The study seeks to use Jinja as one of the secondary cities in Uganda to understand the drivers of migration specifically;
- Understand the impacts of demographic change on demand services
- Examine response of the local government in managing the impacts of labour migration and urbanization
- Examine impacts of demographic change on demand for services
- Provide a description of economic activities of Jinja and identify the potential LED infrastructure investment in Jinja
- Make recommendations on policy and investments that the local government could take to improve integration of labour migrants and their economic performance.
- Paul Lakuma
- Tony Odokonyero
- Kibirie Aida Nattabi
- Justine Luwedde
- Ibrahim Kasirye
- Madina Guloba